FULL TIME POSITION
Embode is an international human rights consulting agency with a particular focus on social protection, responsible business and organisational dynamics. Based in Asia, Embode prides itself for being on the ground in locations where many of our projects are focused. See www.embode.co for more details.
The Executive Assistant will support the Managing Director as a primary function. S/he will have both executive and technical roles across Embode’s projects on human rights, as required, and will take up tasks such as data management, basic research, strategy development, support project coordination, liaise with Embode's partners and clients, and represent Embode at meetings and for social media communications. The Executive Assistant will report to the Managing Director and have a unique opportunity to develop senior consultancy skills and knowledge as well as grow with the organisation.
As Embode primarily works virtually on a day-to-day basis, the Executive Assistant will be home-based and available to travel globally. The salary will be commensurate with an Asian junior officer position (such as would be expected in India, Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam).
This exciting position would particularly suit persons such as Asian nationals with:
- A strong desire to build their experience on an international platform
- With 2 to 4 years experience working in social protection, human rights or sustainable business
- Possess post-graduate qualifications in a related field
- An understanding of, and genuine committment to, Embode's purpose and ethos
- Supporting the Managing Director’s executive functions such as transcribing, proofreading, formatting, and managing data on documents.
- Undertaking background research by reading, reviewing, analysing and synthesising documents in given subject areas.
- Maintaining social media and other communications to ensure they are up-to-date and working on the co-creation of new content from Embode’s activities and projects.
- Undertaking technical tasks on projects, with the supervision of the Lead Consultant.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- High-level of fluency in spoken and written English.
- Technical background and/or experience in the field of development, government relations or research, particularly labour rights.
- Post-graduate qualifications in a related field i.e. international development, human rights, migration studies, political science, law etc.
- Experienced and conversant with online work etiquette and ethics, such as the capacity to work with online video conferencing, email, social media and online teaming tools.
- High level of curiosity and desire for learning and development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with people from diverse backgrounds and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to take initiative in delivering results.
- Highly reliable and able to work with little supervision and deliver on commitments.
- Capacity to understand purpose of projects and contribute creatively.
- High level of professionalism both within organisational teams and systems, as well as with clients and external partners and stakeholders.
- Fluency in other languages, particularly Asian languages.
Interested applicants are requested to send a cover letter and CV to Aarti Kapoor email@example.com outlining reasons for your interest in the position by 30 April 2018. Please note that we retain the choice of selecting a candidate before the deadline and therefore encourage applicants to submit CVs as soon as possible.