Job Vacancy: Part-Time Bookkeeper and Accountant - remote based
02 February 2024
Job title: Part-time Bookkeeper and Accountant
Reports to: Operations Manager
Date of Deadline: 20 February, 2024
Candidates who possess experience working in the regions of Asia and Africa are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference.
Embode is an international human rights consulting agency focusing on social protection, responsible business, labour, migration, and corporate accountability. With 8 years of experience, we have conducted groundbreaking work in Asia and Africa's agricultural and manufacturing sectors. As an independent expert voice, we bridge the gap between industry, governments, and civil society. Our diverse clientele includes UN organisations, NGOs, and corporations. Through research, field assessments, training, and policy development, our growing virtual team based in over 15 countries ensures the highest standards of accountability and worker protection.
See www.embode.co for more details about our work.
You will be responsible for:
● Monthly bookkeeping using QuickBooks
● Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
● Supporting annual auditing and other jurisdictional requirements
● Utilising accrual-based accounting methods
● Supporting the growth of the small international business
● Regular reporting to the Managing Director and team
● Generating analysis reports and providing recommendations
● Monthly check-ins with managers and team
Required Competencies and Qualifications
● Proficiency in working with multiple currencies
● Experience supporting the growth of small international businesses
● Strong attention to detail
● Ability to formulate and interpret financial statements
● Familiarity with accrual-based accounting methods.
● Willingness to learn and adapt to international accounting systems
● Reliable timekeeping and efficiency in virtual work
● Background in similar businesses or NGOs is advantageous
● Proficient command of the English language
Interested applicants are requested to fill out the Embode Bookkeeper and Accountant Application Form no later than 20 February.