Vacancy Announcement - Admin And Operations Executive
1st June 2022
Job title: Admin & Operations Executive
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Virtual - candidates in/near the ICT-time zone are preferred
Date: As soon as possible
Asian nationals are strongly preferred for this position
Embode is an international human rights consulting agency focusing on social protection and responsible business, with a particular specialisation in issues of child labour, human trafficking and labour and migration. In the 7 years since its inception, Embode has undertaken and published seminal work on issues such as child labour in cocoa, migrant labour in palm oil as well as forced labour in the garment sector. Our work continues to be at the cutting edge of corporate accountability and labour protection, where we work as an independent expert voice between industry, governments and civil society.
Based in Asia, with a small international team, Embode prides itself in being on the ground in locations where many of our projects are focused. Our clients include organisations across the UN, NGO and corporate sector, and our work consists of research, field assessments, training, strategy and policy development, workshops and more. We are a growing virtual team of Associates and Consultants based in over 10 countries worldwide, working either on a full-time or project basis. See www.embode.co for more details about our work.
The Admin & Operations Executive will be responsible for the effortless and efficient functioning of Embode's operational systems, ensuring appropriate organisational policies and processes are in place. S/he will maintain effective and proper management of the organisation's overall finance, human resources, administrative and communication matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee the sustenance and development of administrative procedures and policies, and ensure their roll-out, in particular focusing on the operationalisation of all processes and policies within Embode
· Assure Embode's institutional archiving (Cloud Drive) is appropriately designed, utilised and secured to store and share relevant documentation.
· Liaise and work with Embode's accountants, clients and staff to maintain bookkeeping, invoicing and payments, and strengthen institutional financial processes.
· Track staff hours and leave, and ensure proper and timely payment of remuneration.
Competencies and Qualifications
· Advanced university degree in business administration or related field.
· A first-level university degree in combination with professional training and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
· 5+ years professional progressive experience in similar, multi-faceted functions in an international not-for-profit or commercial organisation.
· High level of computer literacy
· Excellent level of fluency in spoken and written English and an ability to communicate and articulate in culturally-adaptive ways. Being fluent in any other languages is a distinct advantage.
· Ability and willingness to work in a virtual setting; regularly communicating through online platforms, virtual meetings and email.
Skills & Attributes
· Self-starter with strong ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
· High level of ethics and integrity
· Able to develop solutions to complex problems
· Excellent planning, organisation, time management and coordination skills with an attention to detail.
· Positive attitude and a team player.
Interested applicants are requested to write to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10, 2022. The application should include the following:
· A cover letter demonstrating how you meet the job profile and required competencies (no more than 2 pages)
· Curriculum Vitae (no more than 2 pages)
· At least two referees (these will not be contacted without prior consent)