Location: Bangkok-based, Thailand
Thai nationals are strongly preferred for this position
Embode is an international human rights consulting agency focusing on social protection and responsible business, with a particular specialisation in issues of child exploitation, human trafficking and labour and migration. In the 5 years since its inception, Embode has undertaken and published seminal work on issues such as child labour in cocoa, migrant labour in palm oil as well as forced labour in the garment sector. Our work continues to be at the cutting edge of corporate accountability and labour protection, where we work as an independent expert voice between industry, governments and civil society.
Based in Asia, with a small international team, Embode prides itself in being on the ground in locations where many of our projects are focused. Our clients include organisations across the UN, NGO and corporate sector, and our work consists of research, field assessments, training, strategy and policy development, workshops and more. We are a growing virtual team of Associates and Consultants based in over 10 countries in Asia and Africa working either on an ongoing or project basis. See www.embode.co for more details about our work.
This role is for a high calibre candidate who has a mindset for growth, a passion for social justice and sustainability, and a spirit for creativity and entrepreneurship. S/he should be a resilient individual who is open to learning new ways of working, thinking and perceiving and is able to work collaboratively in solving complex issues. Embode is looking for candidates who will support a respectful team culture and is both confident and driven to build technical and organisational capacity.
Embode is seeking a highly motivated full-time ‘Operations and Administrative Officer’, to support its small and growing international business. The incumbent will report to the Managing Director and support the strengthening of internal operational systems and processes. The Officer should be adept at the following skills:
- Business administration: Ability to work across business administration and setting up or strengthening of management processes where required. This includes ensuring administrative requirements for Thai and Hong Kong entities.
- Bookkeeping: Working with company accountants to maintain bookkeeping and strengthening financial processes.
- Recruitment: Capacity to lead recruitment for projects, including contracting and orientation.
- Project management: Adept at managing projects, keeping to timeframes and negotiating boundaries when required.
- Client relationship: Liaising with client administrative focal points for ensuring invoicing, payments and other requirements.
- Assistance to Managing Director: Where needed, providing administrative assistance to the Managing Director such as note taking, acting on behalf in meetings or communications, logistics and office operations.
- Organisational development: Ability and drive to develop company systems, processes and policies.
Technical Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Relevant qualifications: In the area of business administration, accounting, management etc.
• Technical experience: At least 5 years’ experience in business administration and management. Having worked in a small to medium business or NGO is an advantage in similar field.
• Language skills: Professional level of fluency in spoken and written Thai and English.
• Communication: Ability and willingness to communicate regularly within the team through email, online platforms and meetings. Professional competency in MS programs and Zoom.
• ‘Can-do’ attitude: Willingness to work flexibility within a small team where task-based work is often shared across a team depending on availability more than strict adherence to job descriptions. Confident in the ‘learning by doing’ approach.
• :Cross-cultural understanding Ability to collaborate with people across different cultures and backgrounds and establish good working relationships.
• Growth mindset: High level of self-awareness and reflective capacity, both as an individual as well as in groups. Regularly engages in opportunities for learning and development.
• Efficient self-management: Strong capacity in managing one’s work, efficient at working remotely and across online platforms. Incumbent should also be able to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
• Creative and innovative: Confidence in advocating for innovative ways of working (both internally and externally), as well as ability to take constructive feedback in order to work creatively to purpose.
• Problem-solving: Resilience in high-pressured situations and capacity to confront challenges with maturity, strategic thinking and patience.
• Communicator: Ability to communicate effectively, knowing what information is relevant to share, articulating in ways others can understand and listening in responsive manner.
Interested applicants are requested to write to email@example.com by 5pm on 6 August 2020. The application should include the following:
● A cover letter demonstrating how you meet the job profile and required competencies (no more than 2 pages)
● Curriculum Vitae (no more than 2 pages)
● At least two referees