Job title: People Operations Associate
Reports to: Operations Manager
Candidates who possess experience working in the regions of Asia and Africa are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference.
Embode is an international human rights consulting agency focusing on social protection, responsible business, labour, migration, and corporate accountability. With 8 years of experience, we have conducted groundbreaking work in Asia and Africa's agricultural and manufacturing sectors. As an independent expert voice, we bridge the gap between industry, governments, and civil society. Our diverse clientele includes UN organisations, NGOs, and corporations. Through research, field assessments, training, and policy development, our growing virtual team based in over 15 countries ensures the highest standards of accountability and worker protection.
Embode offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a stimulating work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and international working environment.
See www.embode.co for more details about our work.
This role is for a high calibre candidate who has a mindset for details, a passion for social justice and sustainability, and a spirit for creativity and entrepreneurship. S/he should be a resilient individual who is open to learning new ways of working, thinking and perceiving and is able to work collaboratively in solving complex issues. Embode is looking for candidates who will support a respectful team culture and is both confident and driven to build technical, financial and organisational capacity in a virtual organisation.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be responsible for a diverse range of tasks that contribute to the smooth operation and growth of Embode. Your main responsibilities include:
- Executing global talent acquisition and retention efforts.
- Managing the Embode Employee Lifecycle and Journey (interviewing, orientation and onboarding, performance reviews, training & development, team events, company restructuring, and exit interviews); as well as employee engagement initiatives
- Maintain and update employee personnel records
- Provide administrative support for payroll processes and leave/holiday programs based on Hong Kong law
- Manage administrative requirements for projects such as invoicing, payments, and other needs.
- Support employees on fundamental employee relations questions and inquiries regarding policies and procedures.
- Consult with management, providing HR guidance as needed
- Participate in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance across the company.
- Support the teams in cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Support the Operations Manager with various administrative tasks, note-taking, and logistics.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and improvement of internal operational systems, processes, and policies.
What skills do I need:
- 3+ years experience in a Human Resources/People Operations function, preferably in a start-up environment, small business, or NGO.
- You have a successful track record of supporting high volume HR processes, employee resourcing, personnel management, and change management.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment.
- Attention to detail
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment.
- Comfortable with technical systems and software, previous experience in a virtual organisation is required.
- Google, Slack, Zoom, Calendly, Monday, etc.
- Able to combine great people’s intuition, business judgement, and discretion in your decision-making.
- Knowledge of Hong Kong laws and regulations and industry best practices (highly desired).
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent from an accredited university (highly desired)
- A passion for social justice, sustainability, and innovative approaches.
- Competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications.
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects in the field of human rights and corporate accountability.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment with a focus on growth and development.
- Work within an international and diverse team.
Interested applicants are requested to write to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should include the following:
- Cover Letter (why/how you fit the description)
- Tailored Curriculum Vitae (no more than 3 pages)